Volunteering for The State Clemency Project will help us assist the thousands of prisoners who have asked for pro bono help. Your participation is vital in helping incarcerated individuals gaining a second chance.
Volunteer attorneys will help us in two ways;
- Conduct research and work with individual prisoners to help us determine whether a prisoner is eligible for executive clemency; and if so,
- Represent the prisoner and draft a clemency petition.
The State Clemency Project will assist volunteers by providing;
- On-line training materials,
- An in-depth reference section with resource tools that complement the training,
- A panel of expert Resource Counsel to answer technical, procedural, and substantive questions,
- An advisory panel that will review attorney work on individual cases.
Hear what it is like to work on a clemency case
Each state initiative has unique requirements for volunteers. Please see the list of The State Clemency Project initiatives.